Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice, and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. We have been implementing extraordinary measures to make our office as safe and comfortable for our patients and staff as possible.
Our staff is trained, and our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment.
We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You will sign a COVID informed consent form. Your temperature will be taken.
- Air purifiers with HEPA filters are placed in the patient waiting area and in the treatment rooms.
- Along with the advanced personal protective equipment (PPE) and enhanced infection control procedures, we have added extraoral suction units. These devices remove 99.9% of the aerosolized droplets.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients.
- You may choose to wait in your car prior to your appointment, just let us know, and we will call you to enter the building to limit time spent in the waiting room.
- We ask that you wear a mask while visiting the office.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice.